17 Things You Already Knew About Love (But Could Use A Reminder About From Time To Time)
1. If someone likes you, you will know. Think about all the times you've found yourself double texting just to get a response back? Or how many times you've asked someone to hang out and they just keep saying "maybe, if I'm free." Yeah.. we've all been there. Those people who you have to beg for their attention aren't worth your time.
2. You can't force someone into your life, you can't pretend it's working when it's not and you can't make someone feel things for you just because you feel deeply for them. Life and love don't work that way. Sometimes your feelings aren't reciprocated and there is no point in forcing them because it won't work out the way you hope.
3. Being into someone doesn't mean you should just conveniently forget your worth and settle for less because you like the attention they're giving you. The attention might feel good but you should never sacrifice self-respect, values, and standards for attention. Attention comes and goes.
4. Everyone is replaceable.
5. If someone is making you uncomfortable in any way it isn't worth worrying about "being rude." Leave the situation or conversation you're in and find a place that makes you feel safe.
6. Never waste your time on a mediocre person just because you think you'd rather have someone there than be alone. Fuck that – be alone. Be alone until you find someone who actually gives a shit about you and you reciprocate that same feeling. Life is too short for mediocre relationships and half-assed love. You don't deserve that and neither does the other person.
7. Your heart is not made of glass. It cannot and will not stay broken forever.
8. You will heal and healing doesn't mean that tenderness will disappear completely when you touch the wound, but the scar will eventually fade and eventually become unnoticeable unless you look really hard and point it out.
9. Just because you weren't "official" with someone doesn't mean you can't be sad over their leaving. You don't need a label to make your feelings valid.
10. Don't ever try to change who you are to impress someone. They will either like you for who you are or they won't, and either way is okay. The right person will fall for the real you, the wrong person will fall for who you try to be.
11. Don't ever make yourself uncomfortable to make someone else more comfortable. You matter, too.
12. You are not broken and you don't need someone to fix you or save you. There is nothing wrong with you.
13. Despite what everyone says, you don't have to love yourself in order for someone else to love you.
14. If your relationship is rough now, especially at the start, there's a good chance it won't get better. It will only get worse.
15. You can love someone with your whole heart but that doesn't mean you're good for each other. Sometimes even the things we love most come to an end. It doesn't make it hurt any less or make the pain disappear but it's important to acknowledge that some things just aren't meant to last forever.
16. Never make yourself convenient for someone who doesn't make themselves convenient for you.
17. Don't lose yourself in someone. It's easy to forget all these things when you're into someone who isn't reciprocating the feelings. You start to do things that you know aren't good just because you want them to give you the attention you're craving. You're worth more.